How Do I Create Customized E-mail Alerts for New Items in the SLU Catalog?
Last Updated: Oct 07, 2010 | 61 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Examples of search types:
- You have a favorite novelist and you want to be notified whenever SLU Libraries gets a book written by him or her.
- You're doing a long-term project on a topic and you want to be notified when SLU Libraries gets any new book on that topic.
- You want to be notified whenever a new DVD about Mexico comes in.
- Enter the SLU Libraries Catalog and click on the My Library Account tab.
- Log in according to the instructions given on the page.
- Click the Search Catalog button.
- Search the SLU Libraries Catalog in whatever way you normally would, to produce this particular class or type of book - an author search, an advanced keyword search, etc.
- Click on the "Save as Preferred Search" button located to the right of the "Search" button.
- At the top right corner of your screen, next to the "Log Out" link is the "Return to Your Record" link. Click on it.
- Click on the "Preferred Searches" link below your account information.
- You will see your search. Check the check-box in the "Mark for Email" column next to the search.
- Click on the "Update List" button.
- Log out of your library account.
- You will now be notified when books fitting the criteria of your search arrive in the SLU Libraries system
- Searches are run every Monday, so you'll never get notices MORE often than that.
- If no new books matching your criteria are added to SLU Libraries that week, you will not receive an alert that time.