Where can I find information about grants and grantmaking organizations?
Pius still has print sources on grant information, but the way in which you would find those sources in the Libraries catalog may depend on the kind of grant in which you are interested. Here are some Library of Congress Subject Headings you might use in the catalog; some are general, while others are more specific.
- Endowments - Directories
- Research grants - Directories
- Arts - Endowments - Directories
- Human services - Research grants - Directories
- Humanities - Research grants - Directories
Current SLU students, faculty, and staff (and others who visit and use Pius Library public computers) can access online SLU Libraries subscription grants information sources, plus one freely available source, from the Libraries Database page. In the Databases by Subject section, look for a link to Grants & Funding.
Finally, much grant-related information is available on the Web, via even simple Google searches such as "grants information." Just be aware that some of the sources referenced may be proprietary. Here are URLs for three websites with extensive listings:
- Grant Information: Resources to Get You Started/Edutopia
- Grants Information Collection (University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries)