Answered By: Jamie Emery Last Updated: Jun 13, 2018 Views: 401
MOBIUS (Missouri Bibliographic Information User System) is a consortium of over fifty Missouri college and university libraries as well as some public (Springfield-Greene County) and special libraries (Missouri Historical Society). MOBIUS was created to allow students, faculty and staff at member libraries to borrow books from other member libraries. The MOBIUS Union Catalog is a shared online catalog which allows users to search the holdings of all member libraries. The MOBIUS catalog includes over 11 million items.
Students, faculty, and staff of member libraries may borrow books and sometimes multi-media materials through the MOBIUS system.
Use MOBIUS when a book you need is not available at one of the SLU libraries.
- Begin your search in Saint Louis University Libraries Catalog.
- If you do not find the book(s) you need, click on the MOBIUS Union Catalog button to search MOBIUS.
- Once you have located a title you want to borrow, click on "REQUEST THIS ITEM".
- You will be asked, "With which cluster are you affiliated?" Select MOBIUS - Saint Louis University and click on the "Submit above information" button.
- At the next screen:
- Type your name
- Enter your University ID (Banner) number.
- Choose a Pickup Cluster from drop-down menu.
- Choose a Pickup Location from drop-down menu. This indicates where you want the book sent.
- Submit your request. The system will respond with a message telling you that the item is being sent.
You may also visit MOBIUS libraries in person and check out materials with your SLU ID card and Banner ID number.