Answered By: Judy Geczi
Last Updated: Jun 13, 2018     Views: 183

Non-profit and tax-exempt organizations are often required to file IRS Form 990 and such organizations are usually required to provide copies of recent filings to anyone who requests them.  There are also several ways to find these online, especially for larger charities and foundations:

990 Finder from Foundation Center

Non-profit Search from GuideStar

Organization Search from National Center for Charitable Statistics


For more information about charities, including various top-ten lists largely derived from data disclosed on 990 forms, see Charity Navigator.

Related Topics

Chat with a Librarian Now!

Other Ways to Ask Questions

 Text us: 314-582-0194

 Email us:

 Call us: 314-977-3087

 Walk in: Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm 

 Research consultation with a librarian