Answered By: Jamie Emery Last Updated: May 15, 2023 Views: 1191
MOBIUS is a library consortium with 80 members that include academic, public, and special libraries. MOBIUS was originally comprised of only Missouri libraries, but over time has expanded to include libraries in Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas, and Texas. The MOBIUS Catalog is a shared online library catalog that allows users to search the holdings of all member libraries and borrow books from those libraries for free. It includes 29 million items.
Use MOBIUS when a book you need is not available at one of the SLU libraries.
- Begin your search in Saint Louis University Libraries Catalog.
- If you do not find the book(s) you need, click on the MOBIUS icon to search MOBIUS.
- Once you have located a title you want to borrow, click on "REQUEST THIS ITEM".
- You will be asked, "With which cluster are you affiliated?" Select MOBIUS - Saint Louis University and click on the "Submit above information" button.
- At the next screen:
- Type your name
- Enter your University ID (Banner) number (be sure to include the leading zeroes).
- Choose a Pickup library from drop-down menu.
- Choose a Pickup Location from drop-down menu. This indicates where you want the book sent.
- Submit your request. The system will respond with a message telling you that the item is being sent.
You may also visit MOBIUS libraries in person and check out materials with your SLU ID card and Banner ID if that library allows visitors.
If you have any difficulties, please Ask a Librarian for help.