Answered By: Mikael Kriz Last Updated: Jun 13, 2018 Views: 114
To find market research on consumer attitudes toward electric vehicles and other alternative forms of transportation (as well as strategies for reaching the "green consumer"), use Mintel.
Web sources abound. Here are selected sources that past students have found useful:
- This CNBC article discusses the business case for adding EV charging stations: http://www.cnbc.com/
- This Deloitte white paper discusses EV charging infrastructure, and includes a break-even analysis in Figure 3. Some of the footnotes may lead to additional useful sources.
- An article from Science Magazine about geographic climate effects on electric vehicle performance: http://news.sciencemag.org/
climate/2015/02/best-and- worst-places-drive-your-electr ic-car
- An article from Green Car Reports about the states with the highest sales of electric vehicles: http://
www.greencarreports.com/news/ 1090040_which-state-has-the- highest-percentage-of-electric -cars-no-not-ca
- This infographic from Forbes lists states with fastest growing electric vehicle regis
trations: http://www.forbes. com/sites/niallmccarthy/2014/ 10/28/the-states-where-electri c-car-sales-are-skyrocketing- infographic/
- Clean Cities, a project of the US Dept of Energy, might be a good source of info - it looks like they are paying attention to electric car infrastructure: http://www1.
- Faculty members at UCF have published a report including (national) electric vehicle sa
les projections through 2023: http://fsec.ucf.edu/en/ publications/pdf/fsec-cr-1985- 14.pdf
- This site provides monthly (national) sales data for specific models: http://insideevs.com/
- This article reports that electric vehicle buyers are more likely to purchase in cash (rather than financing), so conclusions can be drawn about the higher-income demographics of these customers: http://www.
thedetroitbureau.com/2015/04/ green-car-purchasers-more- likely-to-pay-with-green/
- Finally, this map shows that most states have fewer than 1 electric vehicle per 1,000 registered vehicles: http://
www.ibtimes.com/which-states- have-most-electric-vehicles- map-shows-cleaner-cars-are- rolling-out-1747279