Answered By: Rebecca Hyde Last Updated: Dec 13, 2018 Views: 19
Yes! Pius Library has two scanners located on level one in the Academic Tech Commons near the AskSLU desk. To create a text searchable PDF from a scan, follow the steps below. Scans can be saved to a USB drive or sent via email.
- Place your document to scan in the scanner (we suggest using the overhead scanner on the left as you walk up to the counter).
- If you are using a USB drive, plug it into the port on the front of the computer interface to the right of the scanner.
- Touch any button on the screen to begin.
- Press scan.
- Continue scanning until your have all the pages you want.
- Touch the "more options" button on the "Send PDF file(s) via Email or insert USB drive" button.
- On the "more options" interface select "Searchable PDF"
- Change the name of your file on the right hand side if you wish.
- Select the USB option and push "Save" or select the email option and enter your email.
Your scan will be saved on your USB drive or emailed to you as a searchable PDF. If you have any questions or problems during this process, you can find assistance at the AskSLU desk adjacent to the scanning area. If sending via email, please ensure you have received the PDFs and that they are searchable before leaving the library.